Indice del forum Il forum sulla Qualità di QualitiAmo
Torna all'homepage di QualitiAmo

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista utentiLista utenti   GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Supervisori e produzione snella

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Discussioni, pensieri e consigli
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
QualitiAmo - Stefania
Moderatore

MessaggioInviato: Mar Ago 25, 2009 3:40 pm    Oggetto: Supervisori e produzione snella Rispondi citando

Su Evolving Excellence potete leggere un articolo dal titolo: "The Supervisor Transformed".

Questa è la versione tradotta in italiano con il traduttore automatico di Google.

In a lean transformation, a lot of focus is placed on transforming senior leadership up to and including the CEO. This is proper effort.However, whether effective or not, the CEO has had to lead transformation before and will again. But what position in the organization changes more than anything? I propose the most dramatic change is to the role of the front-line supervisor.

First, I see a major problem with how companies and the HR plans that support them deal with front-line supervision, starting with selection. As Lean Learning Center partner Andy Carlino says, "we take a super-worker and make them a supervisor." However, as Andy points out, those are drastically different skill sets. We assume a good employee is a good employee. But the skills and even the attitudes that makes someone a super worker are different than that which makes someone a good supervisor.

Traditionally, the role of the supervisor would center around tasks such as attendance and pay management, workforce direction, and discipline and rules enforcement. Of course, a good supervisor would ascend above these tasks. However, job expectations, training, appraisals, and promotions would center on tasks centered on workforce control.

In a lean transformation, a new role emerges. The primary cause of this is that the workforce is engaged to a new level, engaging not only the "hands and feet" but also the "hearts and minds" of every employee. Instead of simply holding people to the minimal requirement, it is about opening up the education and empowerment of the employee base, from top to bottom. With that in mind, the first-line of employee engagement rests on the shoulders of the supervisor. And therefore, the role must change to support it.

The new role of the supervisor focuses on skill sets such as engaging employees in improvement instead of direction, facilitation of decisions making instead of just providing it, coaching on new skills instead of leaving it to training. These new skills require that we rethink the selection of supervisors, the training of them, and the support given beyond.

Perhaps we need to rethink what appears to be the universal solution for preparing supervisors for lean transformation: 4-8 hours of generic lean training. How unoriginal. Yes this is what I see in 9 of every 10 lean transformation efforts. What should we do instead?

1. Make the training of supervisors more specific to their role, including specific expectations and skills that they should master.
2. Change role descriptions and expectations
3. Start aligning your systems from selection and hiring to promotion to these new standards.
4. Engage a process to mentor supervisors so they can continue developing these news skills.

ISO 9001:2015 - SI AGGIUNGE ALLA COLLANA DEI LIBRI DI QUALITIAMO IL NUOVO TESTO CHE SVELA I SEGRETI DELLA FUTURA NORMA

IL PRIMO LIBRO NATO SULLE PAGINE DI QUALITIAMO

HAI DATO UN'OCCHIATA AL REGOLAMENTO DEL FORUM PRIMA DI SCRIVERE IL TUO MESSAGGIO?
Profilo Invia messaggio privato Invia e-mail HomePage
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Discussioni, pensieri e consigli Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: