Indice del forum Il forum sulla Qualità di QualitiAmo
Torna all'homepage di QualitiAmo

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista utentiLista utenti   GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Quando il kanban è una buona scelta?

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Gli strumenti per gestire la Qualità
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
QualitiAmo - Stefania
Moderatore

MessaggioInviato: Mer Lug 29, 2009 11:02 am    Oggetto: Quando il kanban è una buona scelta? Rispondi citando

Su WindowsLive potete leggere un articolo dal titolo: "When is Kanban is a Good Choice?".

http://virtualgenius.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!CC3C966FA733667C!788.entry?sa=277246677

Potete tradurre il testo in italiano con il traduttore automatico di Google.

The Kanban list has is experiencing an intentional shift away from (sometimes divisive, unfruitful and uninformed) Scrum vs. Kanban smackdown-style discussions and towards understanding when each approach might be more appropriate based on the context. As David Anderson (one of the list moderators) put it:

We need to get away from "superiority" discussions and talk about applicability, suitability and context.

In the same post he outlined some thoughts to support this (positive) change in direction:

Scrum is going to find easier adoption in some circumstances and Kanban in others. My observation is that Kanban is a good choice in the following situations:

1. Team is very experimental and innovative on process - even if they are an XP/Scrum team. Observe the Portland School Kanban / Naked Planning adoption with XP teams in Oregon.
2. The team is fearful and resistant to job description changes and role and responsibility changes
3. The organization is conservative and still using a waterfall approach - no Agile practice adoption
4. The work is not naturally project-centric
5. Time-boxed iterations are a poor and unnatural fit for the domain/context (e.g. IPC Media, Bosch)

One thing in particular which interests me relates to the fifth point: how to know when time-boxed iterations are a poor and unnatural fit?

I am wondering whether an organization that is more operations-focused rather than strategically-focused is one of the key differentiators in determining this distinction. This is the type of organization that has frequent changes in business direction and thus may need to be reprioritizing features on a continuous basis, perhaps more frequently than a timeboxed iteration would allow.

Related to this distinction is the need to discern this type of domain/context correctly, rather than confusing it with the type of business that simply lacks the maturity and management acumen to plan and execute strategically. Conversely, trying to implement a timeboxed iterative approach in an organization that is intrinsically (and justifiably) operationally-focused would run counter to the grain of the business and only end up in applying a constraining structure where it is not appropriate.

ISO 9001:2015 - SI AGGIUNGE ALLA COLLANA DEI LIBRI DI QUALITIAMO IL NUOVO TESTO CHE SVELA I SEGRETI DELLA FUTURA NORMA

IL PRIMO LIBRO NATO SULLE PAGINE DI QUALITIAMO

HAI DATO UN'OCCHIATA AL REGOLAMENTO DEL FORUM PRIMA DI SCRIVERE IL TUO MESSAGGIO?
Profilo Invia messaggio privato Invia e-mail HomePage
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Gli strumenti per gestire la Qualità Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: