Indice del forum Il forum sulla Qualità di QualitiAmo
Torna all'homepage di QualitiAmo

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista utentiLista utenti   GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Google Chrome: produzione snella applicata?

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Discussioni, pensieri e consigli
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
QualitiAmo - Stefania
Moderatore

MessaggioInviato: Lun Lug 27, 2009 2:02 pm    Oggetto: Google Chrome: produzione snella applicata? Rispondi citando

Su Evolving Excellence potete leggere un articolo dal titolo: "Google Chrome - A Lean Operation System?".

Questa è la versione tradotta in italiano con il traduttore automatico di Google.

Most of you know by now that Google is taking on Microsoft on sacred Microsoft turf... the Windows operating system. Just as Microsoft is making a surprisingly strong attack on Google on sacred Google turf... internet search. But Google's new Chrome OS has an interesting attribute, one that might appeal to closet leanies.
What advantages will the device user see? Super-fast boot times: This is so long overdue. Recycling my Windows machine still takes 6 minutes. Recycling my Mac is much better (and I do it far less frequently), but lean manufacturing pundits would cite the time it take to restart or boot a computer as the epitome of "waste."Even cheaper netbook computers. Now an OEM needs to only worry about a nice screen, an input device of some sort (keyboard or pen or gestures), some resident memory and a robust wireless interface.

Boot time on my old PC, even a supposedly super-fast Dell XPS, used to drive me up the wall. So much so that it was a primary factor causing me to switch to a Mac over a year ago. Of course the other factors were crashes, unnecessary complexity, aggravation... you name it. The Mac... just... works. No crashes. And a boot time of about 30 seconds from complete off or just 5 seconds when I open the lid on my sleeping MacBook Pro.

Ok I didn't intend for this to be an ad for the Mac, but somehow that always happens. By the way, do your customers rave about your products that way? Unsolicited and unpaid? Think about it.

"... lean manufacturing pundits would cite the time it takes to restart or boot a computer as the epitome of 'waste'."

Yes, we do.

ISO 9001:2015 - SI AGGIUNGE ALLA COLLANA DEI LIBRI DI QUALITIAMO IL NUOVO TESTO CHE SVELA I SEGRETI DELLA FUTURA NORMA

IL PRIMO LIBRO NATO SULLE PAGINE DI QUALITIAMO

HAI DATO UN'OCCHIATA AL REGOLAMENTO DEL FORUM PRIMA DI SCRIVERE IL TUO MESSAGGIO?
Profilo Invia messaggio privato Invia e-mail HomePage
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Discussioni, pensieri e consigli Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: